Windows 7 Adoption Outlook - Forrester's Perspective
Windows XP won't be around forever, and the anticipation for commercial adoption of Windows 7 is reaching a boiling point according independent research by Forrester. With Windows 7 available now for volume license customers and for everyone else on October 22, IT professionals should start preparing for it now.
- Specifically, they should:
- start or accelerate application compatibility testing against the Windows 7 RTM code
- plan for rolling out Windows 7 in small batches on new hardware initially
- weigh the costs and benefits of upgrading existing machines with at least 2 GB of memory
- start developing training sessions and tips and tricks guidance
- prepare for -- and embrace -- empowered users who want to be early adopters.